Working at Amity is an exciting opportunity to step up your career and work in a high-growth, global tech scale-up company. 🔥 We’re backed by leading VC firms with more than $30M funding raised to date. Since 2017, we’ve achieved over 200% YoY revenue growth and our team has grown from 40 employees to 200+ (with over 27 nationalities 🌏). With 4 offices in Bangkok, London, Milan, and Miami, we now serve industry leading companies such as TrueID, Thailand’s No. 1 telecommunications company, AirAsia, Unilever, and more
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
In order to build a world-class team, Amity welcomes people from all over the world. We are an international company and happy to support our new top talents with a relocation allowance to successfully move and settle in Bangkok.
- As a Backend Engineer in AmityEko you will be responsible for delivering features to the production as a part of an independent feature team.
- As a part of the backend team, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the functionality of backend services. And you will be taking ownership of the codebase and participating with building great products.
- You will be working with an Agile team of developers, QA, product manager, and designers in order to deliver business goals and most importantly solve customer pain points.
Your day to day:
Your days will never be the same, but you will be responsible for things like:
- Development and maintainance of components/subsystems of the core AmityEko products
- Delivering releases of components/subsystems of AmityEko app efficiently and on-time
- Development and maintainance of components/subsystems of customer-specific requirements
How do we work?
- We try to use the best tools available and most up-to-date technology, such as: NodeJS, MongoDB, MoleculerJS, Kubernetes
- As a Backend Engineer, you will work a lot with functionality and integration services, so experience working with Active directory, user integration, OAuth/SSO services is definitely a plus.
- We put emphasis on the quality of the code, where each piece of the code will require unit tests and will be reviewed by other backend engineers before merging any change.
- You will work in small cross-functional, multinational teams per product, each of which has dedicated Front-end developers, Mobile developers, Backend devs, QA, and PO.
- The work is typically organised into two-week sprints with daily stand-up, sprint planning/grooming, and retrospective.
- As a member of the backend team, you will also have a bi-weekly meeting with the team to share your knowledge, experience, or challenges with other AmityEko backend engineers from different cross-functional teams.
Your ideal profile:
- 2+ years of Node.js experience in Engineering
- Previous experience with a variety of technologies across the entire technology stack Infrastructure: Amazon AWS, Backend: Node.js, ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience on Active Directory (AD) / Active Directory Synchronization / User Active Directory are a plus!
- Experience contributing to the core development of a substantial product or engineering project
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development life cycle and understanding of the need to balance scalability, security and performance
- Previous experience with startups or large enterprises companies (to understand the processes and nuances of rolling out technologies)
- AmityEko is going through a fast paced growth and thus your role & responsibilities will be growing and changing with the company. Therefore, you will have to be very flexible to adapt and comfortable managing ambiguity and a steep learning curve while adapting to changing priorities.
- You will have the freedom to make a real impact at Amity but with that comes responsibility to initiate and drive projects and articulate objectives with minimal guidance which require impeccable organization and time-management skills.
- Lastly, you will be communicating mostly in English with your AmityEko colleagues as well as our clients and thus an advanced level of English language skills (both verbal and written) is required to be successful in this role.
What’s in it for you:
Not ready to apply?
Join our Amity Talent community - https://amity-global.breezy.hr...